PAGES: 3 1 2 3
Sarge
The Barbarian Dude, Redux

Initative
RK: 1
MP: 0

MAIL USER ADD USER TO FRIENDS LIST
Friday July 4, 2014 2:17 AM
Was trying to figure out if I wanted to get in on this months Threat, and decided I would. With it being the 1 year anniversary of the Threat, guess I had better, besides couldn't let all you Puppy Dogs have all the fun, now could I? So, I decided to paint a figure I received a few weeks ago from Raining Frogs Garage, The Barbarian Dude Redux. The Company is from Italy, and this figure is fantastic! The level of detail is amazing. This year I am going outside of my comfort zone and painting figures that I would normally wait on, I am also trying out new techniques. This should cover both areas.

Here's a close up his face, what a great character, notice the scar across his right eye.

Also, not sure if I am going to use the cloak or not, I will lose all that detail on the back, what do you think.
Well that is my Threat, looks like a fun one to me. As usual, Sarge Says: PAINT, PUPPY DOGS! PAINT!!
Sarge
"If you ain't CAV, you ain't!!"
Copperfrog
RE: The Barbarian Dude, Redux

Initative

Saturday July 5, 2014 9:25 AM
That's a very cool figure, its it part of any game system or just a company that makes miniature for display?

Good luck on your threat!
#15112 (Reply to #15105)
CaptainSloan

Initative

Saturday July 5, 2014 1:15 PM
Sweet, look forward to seeing you get on this guy. Are you using anything for inspiration?
#15120 (Reply to #15112)
Deblette666

Initative

Saturday July 5, 2014 5:01 PM
Model looks cool, good luck Sarge
#15126 (Reply to #15120)
Sarge

Initative

Sunday July 6, 2014 9:55 AM
QUOTED Posted By Copperfrog
its it part of any game system or just a company that makes miniature for display?

No, it's not part of a game system, a small company, Raining Frogs Garage, out of Italy that does limited run figures.
QUOTED [quote]
Posted By CaptainSloan
Are you using anything for inspiration?

No, honestly, he was just sitting in front of me while I was thinking of what to do. I think the face is what makes the mini. It doesn't come with a base, so right now I am trying to figure out how to base him.
Sarge
#15130 (Reply to #15112)
Sarge

Initative

Sunday July 6, 2014 11:52 PM
Looking at basing up the Dude, here's what I have come with. Just not sure if it looks right, so asking for input, so, what do you think?

I am also looking at putting him on a 50mm base.

Either way, a little behind where I wanted to be at this time, so guess I need to start slapping paint on the Dude.
Sarge
#15141 (Reply to #15130)
Sarge

Initative

Sunday July 13, 2014 11:52 PM
Sorry for the lack of an update. Between real life, yard work, and house work, I have not had any time for the hobby. One good note is, I received my Ichiban/Games and Gears Kickstarter brushes.

These are good looking brushes, and I like the feel and heft of them. Since I have not started painting the Dude yet, i am going use these and give a review. If they preform as well as they look, these will be my go to brushes. Well, half the month is gone, so looks like I will have to get the paint flowing. More to come.....
Sarge
#15194 (Reply to #15141)
Chris56Ryan

Initative

Monday July 14, 2014 12:03 AM
Best of luck getting it done, it's a great model. I'd like to see how those brushes do too.
#15195 (Reply to #15194)
CaptainSloan

Initative

Monday July 14, 2014 12:49 AM
Indeed, get going!

Sorry I don't see your base question. I think the composition on the base is going to be fine, it just looks a bit odd at this stage because it's so empty. I assume you'd be filling out the floor of the wooden plinth with soil and leaves etc.

Maybe adding some elevation might work well, putting the tree on a slight hill? Would need to be careful to keep the barbarian the focus though.
#15196 (Reply to #15195)
Sarge

Initative

Monday July 14, 2014 1:07 AM
QUOTED Posted By CaptainSloan
Sorry I don't see your base question. I think the composition on the base is going to be fine, it just looks a bit odd at this stage because it's so empty. I assume you'd be filling out the floor of the wooden plinth with soil and leaves etc.

Maybe adding some elevation might work well, putting the tree on a slight hill? Would need to be careful to keep the barbarian the focus though.

Yeah, been going over the base idea for the last week or so. I have an idea, not sure if i can pull it off. Really don't think I will be able to get the Dude done and base him too, so I am just working on the mini. Once I get the components for the base together I can base him, might make that my next threat....lol.
Sarge
#15204 (Reply to #15196)

Listing 1 to 10 of 25 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3

Looking for affordable and stylish timepieces? Look no further than AAA watches! When it comes to cheap watches, they have an impressive selection that won't break the bank. Whether you prefer classic designs or more contemporary styles, AAAwatches offers a variety of options to suit your taste and budget. With their competitive prices and reliable quality, you can find the perfect wristwatch without emptying your wallet. Don't compromise on style – explore the fantastic range of cheap watches at shop here today and elevate your accessory game without spending a fortune!

Shoes are an essential part of our daily lives. Whether for comfort, style, or functionality, they play a significant role. When it comes to finding the perfect pair, yeezy is your go-to destination. At yeezy, you can explore a vast collection of shoes that cater to various tastes and preferences. From athletic sneakers to elegant dress shoes, they have it all. The convenience of online shopping on jordans makes the quest for the ideal shoes effortless. With numerous brands and styles available, you'll undoubtedly find the right pair to complement your outfit or support your active lifestyle. Don't underestimate the power of well-chosen shoes; they can make a world of difference in your daily comfort and fashion.

nfl jersey is an online store that offers jerseys, a dream come true for NFL fans. Whether you support any team, NHL jersey has a wide range of NFL Jerseys for you to choose from. The MLB jerseys here are not only of excellent quality but also affordably priced. Whether you're wearing them to support your favorite team or for a weekend game, nba jerseys is your first choice. Furthermore, nba jersey provides various sizes and styles to meet the needs of different fans. Whether you're a newbie or a seasoned fan, nfl jerseys is the perfect place to purchase your NFL Jerseys. Boost your team spirit and visit nfl jerseys to shop for your NFL Jerseys! If you're looking for high-quality NFL Jerseys, then NFL jerseys is your best choice. At nfl jerseys, we offer official jerseys for various NFL teams. No matter which team you support, you can find the right jersey on our website. Our NFL Jerseys are made from the finest materials to ensure comfort and durability. Whether you're a dedicated fan or looking for the perfect gift, nfl jerseys majestic has got you covered. Explore our website to discover a variety of styles and sizes to meet your needs. Whether you're buying for yourself or selecting a gift for a friend, nfl jerseys is your top destination for purchasing NFL Jerseys.