RANDOM OLDIE
RANDOM OLDIE
bleh
Podcasts

Discussions in Work In Progress

Painting, Airbrushing, Terrain and Modeling Forums
General Painting and Modeling
Work In Progress
PAINT THREAT - AUGUST 2014: SM DEVASTATORS [FIN...

TOPIC: PAINT THREAT - AUGUST 2014: SM DEVASTATORS [FINISHED - FINALLY!]

Listing 1 to 10 of 14 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2
RustyDice
PAINT THREAT - AUGUST 2014: SM DEVASTATORS [FINISHED - FINALLY!]

Initative
RK: 1
MP: 0

MAIL USER ADD USER TO FRIENDS LIST
Saturday August 2, 2014 4:48 AM
Yeo!

It's been a few months since I put paint to plastic, but it's time to get this army finished up and the dice rolling.

I'm going to painting a squad of Ultramarine Devastators - with a few spare tactical marine bits, I'll be building all the options on the kit. But first I'm gonna finish off the WIP from my March 2014 threat (2x Whirlwinds/2x Razorbacks). So this month will be 'bonus' before 'threat'!

In the last while I've been reading my codex and rule book as well as watching a load of videos on 40k army building - so new army list to follow soon for you all to comment on.

Anyways - pictures to follow
Cheers
RD

[[Edited by RustyDice on Monday October 13, 2014 1:34 PM]]
Scientists study the world as it is; Engineers create the world that has never been.
~Theodore von Karman
Deblette666
RE: PAINT THREAT - AUGUST 2014: SM DEVASTATORS

Initative

Saturday August 2, 2014 10:49 AM
Good luck.
#15341 (Reply to #15338)
RustyDice

Initative

Wednesday August 6, 2014 2:36 PM
Cheers! I finally finished up my March Paint Threat - going to take the rest of the night off and plan how I'm going to paint this threat. It's been a while since I painted marines, and I'm glad I took notes while I painted the tactical squads.

I'll probably get the minis ready for painting tomorrow or Friday, so if all goes well paint on plastic during the weekend!

Good to be painting again!

RD
Scientists study the world as it is; Engineers create the world that has never been.
~Theodore von Karman
#15366 (Reply to #15341)
RustyDice

Initative

Sunday August 10, 2014 9:49 AM
Hi Guys,

Just a quick update - I've got an additional box of Devastators and got to work clipping and cleaning. They've been primed with Vallejo Acrylic-Polyurethane Surface Primer (which I've discovered I don't seem to need to thin). I'd base coat them in Vallejo Model Air French Blue, but right now I've to pop out for a few hours. So it'll be a day or two before the painting proper can begin. Leaving the primer a day or so to 'cure' is probably a good thing. It's my first time using it and I'm still not sure what I think of it yet.

For the threat I'm going for 4 Plasma Cannon and 4 Lascannon guys each set with their own Vet. Sargent (for the extra leadership points). My thinking is that the plasma canons should work well against bunched up and elite infantry and the lascannons are my long range can openers. Also, with 4 lascannons in that squad, my Predator can run with Autocannon and H.Bolters for extra daka fire support mid table. So that's two Devastator Squads, for those of you keeping count!

I'm going for my usual Ultramarine paint scheme. And I'll upload pictures at each stage of painting.

If I can manage to get them finished off early, I'll throw the 'may take an additional Space Marine' wounds guys to bulk up the squads.

For those of you that run devastators, do you normally run additional wounds guys and/or upgrade to the Vet Sargent? Or with all the cool new minis for Space Marines that have come out in the last few years, do you really give a poop?

Anyways, this is getting too long.

Have fun with your're threats, and again it's fun to be back!
RD
~Theodore von Karman
#15397 (Reply to #15366)
RustyDice

Initative

Monday August 11, 2014 3:50 PM
Update time again - I've just finished base coating with VMA French Blue. I re-discovered one of the reasons I stopped painting a few months back - the needle on my P105 is stuffed, which is causing the paint to fan and splatter. Given that the surface primer went on a little thick, the over all thickness of paint on these minis is to much for my liking.

We're a third through the month, so I'm not sure how tempted I am to dip and strip them. Also, I've never tried to strip AP surface primer so I don't know how well my usual chemical stripper will work. I'll sleep on it a few nights and see if I really wanna re-boot the threat.

Mean time, new needles are on order. Here's a wip shot - try not to poop with excitement

In compliance with Flickr T&C the link to my page is here

RD
~Theodore von Karman
#15405 (Reply to #15397)
RustyDice

Initative

Sunday August 17, 2014 3:37 PM
Hi all!

Quick update - the parts for my P105 are on back order with the importer. I'm expecting an email tomorrow with a new estimate on the dispatch date.
However, I was able to make some progress using my sotar, and the shading and high lighting is done.

Next up is some assembly and using grey primer to re-prime parts that won't be blue, prior to detailing. If I can get the detailing done over the next 10 days or so, I think I'll be in a good position to finish the threat on time.

Pics will follow when I've something more interesting than the previous one. Fingers crossed that will be before too long.

RD
~Theodore von Karman
#15432 (Reply to #15405)
Sarge

Initative

Monday August 18, 2014 11:06 AM
Like the way these are turning out, good luck.
Sarge
"If you ain't CAV, you ain't!!"
#15445 (Reply to #15432)
RustyDice

Initative

Tuesday August 26, 2014 12:30 PM
Hey Sarge, thanks for the vote of confidence!

Not much hobby time this past 2 weeks - but I'm gonna take this evening to work on the threat. I need some me time.

Hopefully some pictures to follow before the end of the night - stay tuuuuuned!

RD
~Theodore von Karman
#15491 (Reply to #15445)
RustyDice

Initative

Wednesday September 17, 2014 3:19 PM
So...um...getting too embarrassed to show my brushes around here with all these missed painting threats.,,but um - here's an up date

The Plasma Dudes are done. Lascannon Dudes are maybe a long weekend away.
Watch this space --------> <---------------

In compliance with flickr T&C you can find the link to my page here

Going to try and do 4 marines with Heavy Bolters to use up some of the spares in the box and to have a good daka option.

More pics when I get 'em!
~Theodore von Karman
#15638 (Reply to #15491)
neojarlaxe

Initative

Thursday September 18, 2014 6:10 AM
Very nice work, I like the glowing of the plasma weapons.
#15642 (Reply to #15638)

Listing 1 to 10 of 14 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

Looking for affordable and stylish timepieces? Look no further than AAA watches! When it comes to cheap watches, they have an impressive selection that won't break the bank. Whether you prefer classic designs or more contemporary styles, AAAwatches offers a variety of options to suit your taste and budget. With their competitive prices and reliable quality, you can find the perfect wristwatch without emptying your wallet. Don't compromise on style – explore the fantastic range of cheap watches at shop here today and elevate your accessory game without spending a fortune!

Shoes are an essential part of our daily lives. Whether for comfort, style, or functionality, they play a significant role. When it comes to finding the perfect pair, yeezy is your go-to destination. At yeezy, you can explore a vast collection of shoes that cater to various tastes and preferences. From athletic sneakers to elegant dress shoes, they have it all. The convenience of online shopping on jordans makes the quest for the ideal shoes effortless. With numerous brands and styles available, you'll undoubtedly find the right pair to complement your outfit or support your active lifestyle. Don't underestimate the power of well-chosen shoes; they can make a world of difference in your daily comfort and fashion.

nfl jersey is an online store that offers jerseys, a dream come true for NFL fans. Whether you support any team, NHL jersey has a wide range of NFL Jerseys for you to choose from. The MLB jerseys here are not only of excellent quality but also affordably priced. Whether you're wearing them to support your favorite team or for a weekend game, nba jerseys is your first choice. Furthermore, nba jersey provides various sizes and styles to meet the needs of different fans. Whether you're a newbie or a seasoned fan, nfl jerseys is the perfect place to purchase your NFL Jerseys. Boost your team spirit and visit nfl jerseys to shop for your NFL Jerseys! If you're looking for high-quality NFL Jerseys, then NFL jerseys is your best choice. At nfl jerseys, we offer official jerseys for various NFL teams. No matter which team you support, you can find the right jersey on our website. Our NFL Jerseys are made from the finest materials to ensure comfort and durability. Whether you're a dedicated fan or looking for the perfect gift, nfl jerseys majestic has got you covered. Explore our website to discover a variety of styles and sizes to meet your needs. Whether you're buying for yourself or selecting a gift for a friend, nfl jerseys is your top destination for purchasing NFL Jerseys.