PAGES: 2 1 2
blackblade68
Monthly Painting Challenge - August 2014

Initative
RK: 1
MP: 0

MAIL USER ADD USER TO FRIENDS LIST
Saturday August 2, 2014 10:14 AM
Borrowing an idea from the Privateer Press forums, and the-Waaagh.com forums, we're now doing a regular monthly painting challenge. I am officially administering it, and occasionally participating in it. The idea is, you make a promise to paint and/or build a given number of models at the beginning of the month, and then report back both on your progress and if and when you manage to complete it. We're going to call this your "Painting Threat" --just don't make it a bluff!

So here we go...

The Ground Rules:

1. Painting threats will be frozen 10 days after the start of the challenge. There is no changing of *any* threat after day 10. Say what you'll paint, then paint what you say. If you don't already own the models you want to paint, I suggest not making the threat until you do. Painting Threats aren't accepted after the 10th and they can not be changed once made.

2. When you finish your threat you will be rewarded with member points and the Threat accomplishment badge for that month. You can then go on to add Bonus Threats and look really impressive. However, you can not be awarded before the locking of the Threats on the 10th. Any additions to your threat made before the 10th go onto your initial threat and will not count as Bonus Threats.

3. This is more of a request than a rule. *Please* post work in progress pics if you possibly can. One of the best things about the thread is watching stuff come together. It's perfectly fine if you don't post any photos, however. Feel free to make separate posts, and then link into this thread so that others can comment directly in your own thread.

4. We need to know unit sizes when you post your Painting Threat. Or if you're painting several single models, we need to know the name of each.

5. All images/updates must be posted no later than the last day of the month 11:59 PDT.

6. Post all Threats and Completed challenges in the original Threat post. We don't want anyone left out if there is a prize drawing.

FAQ
Q: What can I paint?
A: Anything and everything! We at the WGC want to see EVERYTHING. We love new models, old models, models that have been sitting on the shelf. If you paint it, we want to see it!

Q: I need to change my Painting Threat!
A: You have until Day 10 of the month.

Q: What if I don't have a camera?
A: With the advent of smart phones, web cams, etc... there really shouldn't be any of those kind of excuses.

Q: Will you do one of these every month?
A: That's the goal... We'll do one of these close to the beginning of every month.

Q: Hey, what if we finish our vow but decide to paint more?
A: Paint away! If you mean, can you get a head start on next month, I guess so. But it's kind of weedy to make a painting threat with a 75% painted unit at the start of the month.

Q. I've not made my threats for the past two months, should I still enter?
A. You bet! The idea behind a painting threat is to develop some discipline as to what you're going to build or paint. Part of the challenge is to learn what you can complete within a given month, and what you can't. If you find you're not making your threat for the month, then reduce the size of it. Don't bite off more than you can chew... take it in smaller chunks. If you manage to finish your threat early, then get working on the next lot!

Q. What if I get my threat done early?
A: Well, if you get it done early, you can try to make a Bonus Threat where you can add an additional threat only after the existing work is completed. No bonus prizes, but you will get the respect of everybody. Additionally, this can be a way to make sure you don't over-threaten earlier in the month.

Q. Can staff join this?
A: Yes.

Q: How to Start?
A: To begin, start a new thread in this forum (the Work in Progress forum) and subject it: PAINT THREAT MONTH YEAR - NAME OF MODEL(s). So if it's for August 2013, it'll be "Paint Threat December 2013 - Terminator Squad". Then just use that thread as your monthly "entry" and declare any bonus or changes in the thread.

Start your post about what you're going to paint and go for it!

((((( If I have missed your name in the Threats section below, PLEASE message blackblade68. He'll fix it!)))))

The Paint Threat cut off date has been extended until the 15th!

Completed Threats:
dhstarwars
Boomer55
Alphapocalypse
Deblette666
neojarlaxe
Scorpionfish
Copperfrog
SuperFlyTNT

Incompleted Threats:
Maximusminimus
Blackwraith
RustyDice
MGMPainting
Bureaucrat
chibi
Moetle

[[Edited by DreamKnight on Thursday September 4, 2014 7:23 AM]]
Deblette666
RE: Monthly Painting Challenge - August 2014

Initative

Saturday August 2, 2014 10:52 AM
I is in.

Anyone knows when we'll get the redux of the past months?
#15344 (Reply to #15340)
RustyDice

Initative

Saturday August 2, 2014 11:04 AM
In too!
Scientists study the world as it is; Engineers create the world that has never been.
~Theodore von Karman
#15345 (Reply to #15340)
Alphapocalypse

Initative

Saturday August 2, 2014 4:04 PM
I'm in too, its gunna take me a bit figure out what I am painting
#15346 (Reply to #15345)
neojarlaxe

Initative

Sunday August 3, 2014 11:06 AM
I am back after my stop for Holidays. My threat here
#15351 (Reply to #15346)
Blackwraith

Initative

Wednesday August 6, 2014 11:08 AM
I'm back in.
#15364 (Reply to #15344)
Maximusminimus

Initative

Saturday August 9, 2014 2:21 AM
I'm back in with my Deathwing Knights
#15385 (Reply to #15364)
Scorpionfish

Initative

Sunday August 10, 2014 6:54 AM
Thor Steinhammer is my threat this month. Bare metal to full paint.
#15396 (Reply to #15340)
MGMPainting

Initative

Sunday August 10, 2014 5:20 PM
Here is my threat:

http://www.wgconsortium.com/index.cfm/paintingmodelingforums/discussions//258/15398/
#15400 (Reply to #15396)
Bureaucrat

Initative

Sunday August 10, 2014 6:52 PM
Ok, in addition to trying to finish last months threat, I will try to do another one.
#15402 (Reply to #15400)

Listing 1 to 10 of 13 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

Looking for affordable and stylish timepieces? Look no further than AAA watches! When it comes to cheap watches, they have an impressive selection that won't break the bank. Whether you prefer classic designs or more contemporary styles, AAAwatches offers a variety of options to suit your taste and budget. With their competitive prices and reliable quality, you can find the perfect wristwatch without emptying your wallet. Don't compromise on style – explore the fantastic range of cheap watches at shop here today and elevate your accessory game without spending a fortune!

Shoes are an essential part of our daily lives. Whether for comfort, style, or functionality, they play a significant role. When it comes to finding the perfect pair, yeezy is your go-to destination. At yeezy, you can explore a vast collection of shoes that cater to various tastes and preferences. From athletic sneakers to elegant dress shoes, they have it all. The convenience of online shopping on jordans makes the quest for the ideal shoes effortless. With numerous brands and styles available, you'll undoubtedly find the right pair to complement your outfit or support your active lifestyle. Don't underestimate the power of well-chosen shoes; they can make a world of difference in your daily comfort and fashion.

nfl jersey is an online store that offers jerseys, a dream come true for NFL fans. Whether you support any team, NHL jersey has a wide range of NFL Jerseys for you to choose from. The MLB jerseys here are not only of excellent quality but also affordably priced. Whether you're wearing them to support your favorite team or for a weekend game, nba jerseys is your first choice. Furthermore, nba jersey provides various sizes and styles to meet the needs of different fans. Whether you're a newbie or a seasoned fan, nfl jerseys is the perfect place to purchase your NFL Jerseys. Boost your team spirit and visit nfl jerseys to shop for your NFL Jerseys! If you're looking for high-quality NFL Jerseys, then NFL jerseys is your best choice. At nfl jerseys, we offer official jerseys for various NFL teams. No matter which team you support, you can find the right jersey on our website. Our NFL Jerseys are made from the finest materials to ensure comfort and durability. Whether you're a dedicated fan or looking for the perfect gift, nfl jerseys majestic has got you covered. Explore our website to discover a variety of styles and sizes to meet your needs. Whether you're buying for yourself or selecting a gift for a friend, nfl jerseys is your top destination for purchasing NFL Jerseys.