RANDOM OLDIE
RANDOM OLDIE
bleh
Podcasts

Discussions in Work In Progress

Painting, Airbrushing, Terrain and Modeling Forums
General Painting and Modeling
Work In Progress
Painting Threat - August 2014 - Space Wolves Gr...

TOPIC: Painting Threat - August 2014 - Space Wolves Grey Hunters - COMPLETE!

Listing 1 to 10 of 14 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2
Alphapocalypse
Painting Threat - August 2014 - Space Wolves Grey Hunters - COMPLETE!

Initative
RK: 1
MP: 0

MAIL USER ADD USER TO FRIENDS LIST
Sunday August 3, 2014 5:05 AM
Hi all,

My shelf of Wolves is starting to look pretty good but there are a few gaps, particularly in my grey hunter units. This month I shall remedy that.

My threat is to paint up 4 Wolf Guard with Power Fists, 2 Grey hunters with Wolf Standards and convert and paint 5 Grey Hunters with the mark of the wolfen.

Here is the first wolfen, the body was from an old true scale project I abandoned because the proportions weren't right... obviously the mark of the wolfen is a great excuse to cover that issue. The arms were from Beastmen Gors.

Space Wolves WIP by DustanDowsing, on Flickr

As with last month I have covered my table with other models, all at various stages of not finished.

Buried in this lot is 2 units of long fangs (5+Pack Leader), Old Njal, another converted Rune Priest, and Iron Priest and Company Banner Bearer, 5 Wolf Guard (with power fists) 3 Grey hunters with Special weapons, 7 Wolfen, 9 more Grey Hunters (inc 3 with wolf Standards) and 7 marines currently slated as Blood Claws (I know, why bother ) to the left on the sprue's is the contents of Storm Claw but thats mostly for parts at the moment but will likely end up as 10 Wolf Guard in power Armour and of course 5 more in Terminator armour and Krom.

As a side note I dropped the best part of 25 previous edition plastic termies into simple green today, the eventual plan is to update them with the extra height on the torso and armour plates on the legs then fit them with new arms and heads because it seems like a good idea to have 45 odd terminators to run in case I want to take Logan and a ton of drop pods =D

But I am getting ahead of myself, 11 models for the month but know that I am working on bonuses at the same time =D

[[Edited by Alphapocalypse on Saturday August 23, 2014 5:00 AM]]
Deblette666
RE: Painting Threat - August 2014 - Space Wolves Grey Hunters

Initative

Sunday August 3, 2014 9:01 AM
Cool good luck!
#15349 (Reply to #15348)
Alphapocalypse

Initative

Wednesday August 6, 2014 7:10 AM
Just a quick update... I've tried to get modelling in and tonight I managed a descent run. I have sorted out all the bits for everything but the blood claws and cleaned the bits ready for air brushing. I also have finished most of the body work.

So now the pictures working... gotta figure out how to do that properly from my phone, I also noticed it kinda looke like these guys were victims of a firing squad... what with missing heads and those airbrush spiders in behind

[[Edited by Alphapocalypse on Wednesday August 6, 2014 7:16 AM]]

[[Edited by Alphapocalypse on Wednesday August 6, 2014 2:31 PM]]
#15362 (Reply to #15349)
Alphapocalypse

Initative

Thursday August 7, 2014 6:51 AM
Damn it, hate it when you find places you needed to sculpt after you start basing =

All the models I need are primed and ready... I'll fix up the sculpting and then get the top coat on... after that its just yellow away from having all the models to a similar level so the production line can start again...

I've also realised that my army has one of pretty much each generation of space marine since rogue trader... All I am missing is the Plastic Beakies from back in the 80's, SpaceCrusade and Spacehulk 1st edition... Oh well, to make up for it there is this guy =]

Space Wolves Leman Russ WIP by DustanDowsing, on Flickr
#15374 (Reply to #15362)
Alphapocalypse

Initative

Monday August 11, 2014 5:29 AM
A bit slower on updates this month

True scaled marines as mark of the wolfen are going well, they die their hair bright red so people remember they get special rules

Everyone else except the Blood claws are slowly getting there... at least they are mostly on the same page now =D
#15403 (Reply to #15374)
Chris56Ryan

Initative

Tuesday August 12, 2014 8:54 AM
they're all looking great, some day I might have a fully painted army
#15409 (Reply to #15403)
Chris56Ryan

Initative

Tuesday August 12, 2014 8:54 AM
they're all looking great, some day I might have a fully painted army
#15410 (Reply to #15403)
Alphapocalypse

Initative

Tuesday August 12, 2014 2:35 PM
LOL I'm still not sure there is such a thing as a fully painted army

Got more done on the Wolfen... practically all thats left is metal, purity seals teeth and fur
#15412 (Reply to #15410)
Alphapocalypse

Initative

Sunday August 17, 2014 7:24 PM
So quite a busy weekend and a good deal done =]

A ton of arms and backpacks all ready to glue plus across the lot I have advanced them a little further along. I now have 6 converted wolfen and 7 more grey hunters ready for varnish and oil wash yay =]

Of course only 5 of them are for the actual threat, but I guess a bonus of my 6th grey hunter squad is always good.

I got to put more effort into the Wolfguard leaders and Grey Hunters with Wolf Banners and get the threat done

Then I can look towards the 2 longfang squads which need to have their squad leader re equiped now the new codex is out
#15433 (Reply to #15412)
Sarge

Initative

Monday August 18, 2014 11:01 AM
These are looking good, look forward to seeing them complete.
Sarge
"If you ain't CAV, you ain't!!"
#15444 (Reply to #15433)

Listing 1 to 10 of 14 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

Looking for affordable and stylish timepieces? Look no further than AAA watches! When it comes to cheap watches, they have an impressive selection that won't break the bank. Whether you prefer classic designs or more contemporary styles, AAAwatches offers a variety of options to suit your taste and budget. With their competitive prices and reliable quality, you can find the perfect wristwatch without emptying your wallet. Don't compromise on style – explore the fantastic range of cheap watches at shop here today and elevate your accessory game without spending a fortune!

Shoes are an essential part of our daily lives. Whether for comfort, style, or functionality, they play a significant role. When it comes to finding the perfect pair, yeezy is your go-to destination. At yeezy, you can explore a vast collection of shoes that cater to various tastes and preferences. From athletic sneakers to elegant dress shoes, they have it all. The convenience of online shopping on jordans makes the quest for the ideal shoes effortless. With numerous brands and styles available, you'll undoubtedly find the right pair to complement your outfit or support your active lifestyle. Don't underestimate the power of well-chosen shoes; they can make a world of difference in your daily comfort and fashion.

nfl jersey is an online store that offers jerseys, a dream come true for NFL fans. Whether you support any team, NHL jersey has a wide range of NFL Jerseys for you to choose from. The MLB jerseys here are not only of excellent quality but also affordably priced. Whether you're wearing them to support your favorite team or for a weekend game, nba jerseys is your first choice. Furthermore, nba jersey provides various sizes and styles to meet the needs of different fans. Whether you're a newbie or a seasoned fan, nfl jerseys is the perfect place to purchase your NFL Jerseys. Boost your team spirit and visit nfl jerseys to shop for your NFL Jerseys! If you're looking for high-quality NFL Jerseys, then NFL jerseys is your best choice. At nfl jerseys, we offer official jerseys for various NFL teams. No matter which team you support, you can find the right jersey on our website. Our NFL Jerseys are made from the finest materials to ensure comfort and durability. Whether you're a dedicated fan or looking for the perfect gift, nfl jerseys majestic has got you covered. Explore our website to discover a variety of styles and sizes to meet your needs. Whether you're buying for yourself or selecting a gift for a friend, nfl jerseys is your top destination for purchasing NFL Jerseys.