RANDOM OLDIE
RANDOM OLDIE
bleh
Podcasts

Discussions in Work In Progress

Painting, Airbrushing, Terrain and Modeling Forums
General Painting and Modeling
Work In Progress
Painting Threat August 2014 - Chaos Flamers AD...

TOPIC: Painting Threat August 2014 - Chaos Flamers ADDED Be'lakor BOTH Finished!!

Listing 1 to 10 of 14 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2
dhstarwars
Painting Threat August 2014 - Chaos Flamers ADDED Be'lakor BOTH Finished!!

Initative
RK: 1
MP: 0

MAIL USER ADD USER TO FRIENDS LIST
Friday August 8, 2014 10:43 PM
Ok I've decided I will try to push my feeble abilities of wet-blending and work along the same lines as I did with the Screamers I did last weekend...color scheme wise that is...smaller areas to wet-blend compare to the Screamers...they are of course are way more simple than the Flamers to do blending...everything is right out in the open...with the flamers it will be more colors to blend in tighter spaces...
So that's my threat and see if I can finish it...starting monday I'll start the process of buying my company back, which might get in the way...we'll see...job comes first...wish me luck on both endeavors! peace

Damian

[[Edited by dhstarwars on Friday August 15, 2014 12:23 PM]]

[[Edited by dhstarwars on Monday August 18, 2014 7:43 PM]]

[[Edited by dhstarwars on Saturday August 30, 2014 10:43 PM]]
dhstarwars
RE: Painting Threat August 2014 - WH40k Chaos Flamers - ADDED Be'lakor now!

Initative

Friday August 15, 2014 12:23 PM
I have my flamers assembled partially painted...and i hate them ...the colors i'm using...at this point i might not continue as is and clean them...but i do have ton's of hours in wet blending (which is the part i like) but i'll stare at them a while and se if they can be salvaged...

BUT i have added another model to the mix...I couldn't help myself... I ordered a Be'lakor last week and i got it on Wednesday night....and i've already got him going!! so excited about fielding this guy in a game...nasty nasty evil dude!! here's the progress on him...and i'll post pics of my flamers once i figured out how i am going to do the purple...man they look like shit right...this is a pic via my iphone...so not a very good image....you can't see the 6 shades of miniature grey...two were mixed with skull white to lighten them up a bit...plus i have a full coat of niln oil ...

Work done so far---chared stone, then the coat of niln oil (GW duh), then dry brushing these, Badger Fur, Base Grey, Dusty Ground, then Dusty Ground 2-1 mix with Skull white, then a 1-1 mix of Skull White and the Dusty Ground...and that's where i sit at the moment...might trim out the chest with niln oil with a fine brush (trimed 00 brush) which i use for dotting eyes...then i'll attack the army...

not too much of a problem with bubbles since it's a resin model...very nice sculpt!
What do you think? i'think the wings look better..

Be'lakor WIP I couldn't help myself! I go this on Wednesday and I HAD to build and paint it!
Be'lakor wings WIP
#15422 (Reply to #15382)
dhstarwars

Initative

Friday August 15, 2014 12:29 PM
ok here's the crappy flamers

Flamers WIP
#15424 (Reply to #15422)
Scorpionfish

Initative

Saturday August 16, 2014 3:21 PM
Good start on belakor, and nice texture. For the flamers... Do you want them to look like fire, or at least the blue and purple parts?
#15429 (Reply to #15424)
Sarge

Initative

Monday August 18, 2014 11:13 AM
Nice start on Belakar, wings look cool. Good luck.
Sarge
"If you ain't CAV, you ain't!!"
#15448 (Reply to #15429)
dhstarwars

Initative

Monday August 18, 2014 6:41 PM
nope on the fire...I'm going to use a darker purple...i think .... see how that translates with the dark blue... with a light blue dry brush on the muscles to lighten the dark blue a bit...like it did with the screamers i made week before last...
the fire i want to do in a teal ... magical not real flame... i just think it's magic flames not real flames anyway....but that's my take....
i'll be posting pics of the finished Be'lakor! super stoked on how he came out...and I think i figured out how to takes pics of my minis with the camera I have...it's been a trail an error thing...
#15462 (Reply to #15429)
dhstarwars

Initative

Monday August 18, 2014 7:17 PM
Here he is!!! I magnetized him to the base....that way i'm legal on 40k & WH! holding out until the new rulebook comes out before i buy my first WH rulebook...never played it before ...Bart the Be'lakor will be ready for both realms!
the last pic shows the chest pretty much like it is to the naked eye...
I used so many colors i forgot to keep track of them...but the 40k base was cork with some drywall hole filler.. it's a bit soft but worked out well enough...i had to really widen the super glue applied area to keep it from giving way each time you removed the model ...the magnets would pull out otherwise...I didn't want to litter the whole 40k base with skulls because i wanted to show the mud was flowing as much as the blood was flowing...the flash photos are much closer to what it looks like with the naked eye....so what do you guys think?

#15464 (Reply to #15448)
Chris56Ryan

Initative

Tuesday August 19, 2014 3:59 AM
UN-HOLY HANNA!!!
#15469 (Reply to #15464)
neojarlaxe

Initative

Tuesday August 19, 2014 8:50 AM
It looks awesome. I am also planning to add him to my Chaos Army.
#15471 (Reply to #15469)
Deblette666

Initative

Sunday August 24, 2014 9:26 PM
Awesome job man!
#15485 (Reply to #15471)

Listing 1 to 10 of 14 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

Looking for affordable and stylish timepieces? Look no further than AAA watches! When it comes to cheap watches, they have an impressive selection that won't break the bank. Whether you prefer classic designs or more contemporary styles, AAAwatches offers a variety of options to suit your taste and budget. With their competitive prices and reliable quality, you can find the perfect wristwatch without emptying your wallet. Don't compromise on style – explore the fantastic range of cheap watches at shop here today and elevate your accessory game without spending a fortune!

Shoes are an essential part of our daily lives. Whether for comfort, style, or functionality, they play a significant role. When it comes to finding the perfect pair, yeezy is your go-to destination. At yeezy, you can explore a vast collection of shoes that cater to various tastes and preferences. From athletic sneakers to elegant dress shoes, they have it all. The convenience of online shopping on jordans makes the quest for the ideal shoes effortless. With numerous brands and styles available, you'll undoubtedly find the right pair to complement your outfit or support your active lifestyle. Don't underestimate the power of well-chosen shoes; they can make a world of difference in your daily comfort and fashion.

nfl jersey is an online store that offers jerseys, a dream come true for NFL fans. Whether you support any team, NHL jersey has a wide range of NFL Jerseys for you to choose from. The MLB jerseys here are not only of excellent quality but also affordably priced. Whether you're wearing them to support your favorite team or for a weekend game, nba jerseys is your first choice. Furthermore, nba jersey provides various sizes and styles to meet the needs of different fans. Whether you're a newbie or a seasoned fan, nfl jerseys is the perfect place to purchase your NFL Jerseys. Boost your team spirit and visit nfl jerseys to shop for your NFL Jerseys! If you're looking for high-quality NFL Jerseys, then NFL jerseys is your best choice. At nfl jerseys, we offer official jerseys for various NFL teams. No matter which team you support, you can find the right jersey on our website. Our NFL Jerseys are made from the finest materials to ensure comfort and durability. Whether you're a dedicated fan or looking for the perfect gift, nfl jerseys majestic has got you covered. Explore our website to discover a variety of styles and sizes to meet your needs. Whether you're buying for yourself or selecting a gift for a friend, nfl jerseys is your top destination for purchasing NFL Jerseys.