RANDOM OLDIE
RANDOM OLDIE
bleh
Podcasts

Discussions in Work In Progress

Painting, Airbrushing, Terrain and Modeling Forums
General Painting and Modeling
Work In Progress
Paint Threat September 2014: Infinity, Warmachi...

TOPIC: Paint Threat September 2014: Infinity, Warmachine, Dreadball [COMPLETED]

Listing 1 to 10 of 20 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2
Yaumasta
Paint Threat September 2014: Infinity, Warmachine, Dreadball [COMPLETED]

Initative
RK: 1
MP: 0

MAIL USER ADD USER TO FRIENDS LIST
Wednesday September 3, 2014 9:59 AM
Well helloooooooo again fellow forumites! I'm back on the paint threat wagon this month! I've got 3 different commissions going on and will try to clear them all up in September.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INFINITY

Maybe you'll remember these guys from a previous paint threat?

They were the phase 1 of a "Section 9" themed ALEPH army for Infinity. For this project I need to paint all 7 main named characters (everyone excep the chief). The first 4 named characters to be painted were Kusanagi, Batou, Ishikawa and Saito.

Now I'm on phase 2, so I need to paint Togusa, Pazu and Borma. I will also paint 2 Tachikomas (because the client found scale 1/72 Ghost in the Shell toys which bring the Tachikomas to the right scale to be proxied as Remotes in this game).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARMACHINE

I will paint Thorn, a Cygnar Character Light Warjack

DREADBALL

Someone hired me to paint all the MVPs for the game!!! That's the idea, anyway. Hopefully he'll be happy enough with the first batch so that the rest will follow. I'll do this in small waves (with as many waves as it takes). The first wave is Buzzcut, John Doe and The Enforcer

And that's it! See you during the month! Please feel free to comment and/or ask questions

Cheers!
- Yaum

[[Edited by Yaumasta on Wednesday October 1, 2014 10:37 AM]]
RustyDice
RE: Paint Threat September 2014: Infinity, Warmachine, Dreadball

Initative

Wednesday September 3, 2014 1:37 PM
I'm watching this one like a...a...watched thing.
The beer is in the fridge, ready for this one!

Those "Section 9" minis are exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for to branch out from GW. It's either going to be that or I go back to scale models while I play test my Ultramarines.

Are they commercially available or did you sculpt them yourself?

Cheers -
RD
Scientists study the world as it is; Engineers create the world that has never been.
~Theodore von Karman
#15538 (Reply to #15535)
Yaumasta

Initative

Wednesday September 3, 2014 2:36 PM
Most of them are from the ALEPH line from Corvus Belli :
I just changed the hairstyle so they look the part (based upon the animated series and not the movie - that's why Batou has a ponytail ). I used greenstuff for that. Same thing for the next 3 agents that you'll see soon enough.

The Major Kusanagi is from Hasslefree Miniatures
I did a repose of the arms so she looks like she means business instead of the "look at the twins" default pose

For the Tachikomas it's a bit more complicated, he bought this toy kit on eBay :

Hope this helps!

[[Edited by Yaumasta on Wednesday September 3, 2014 2:37 PM]]
#15539 (Reply to #15538)
Yaumasta

Initative

Saturday September 6, 2014 1:19 PM
Hello WGCers!

Rainy days = some serious work done on the different projects!

1) This is not a WIP pic "per se", but a pic of the Tachikomas as I received them. Also the Dragon Forge Design "Tech Deck" resin bases that I painted last month after the Archangel. Only thing left to do on the bases are the front arc marking. The client want some kind of gradient, because why do something simple... right?

2) As of 3 days ago. The whole family is there. And you can see the gradient on the resin bases in the back.

3a) As of today. Togusa, Borma and Pazu are coming along fine. Super happy with the blue on the Tachikomas (thank you Badger's Minitaire Ghost Tint!)

3b) Thorn with more depth, black lining and weathering. Also, ALEPH "rabbit robot"

So yeah, Section 9 and Thorn are coming along fine. The 3 Dreadball MVPs will be a breeze after that. And we're only September 6th.... I think I can smell a bonus threat coming

And you, how's the weather around your part and are you making the most of it :?

- Yaum
#15567 (Reply to #15535)
neojarlaxe

Initative

Monday September 8, 2014 2:45 AM
Good progress and nice work.

The weather not bad for being Belgium. But I manage to do some progress as well.
#15578 (Reply to #15567)
Deblette666

Initative

Wednesday September 10, 2014 9:18 PM
Nice and shiny
#15597 (Reply to #15578)
Yaumasta

Initative

Thursday September 11, 2014 12:19 PM
Thanks guys

Update on Section 9, near the end (for real this time)

And a start on the Dreadball MVPs... from lefto to right : John Doe, Buzzcut, The Enforcer

See you soon!
#15610 (Reply to #15567)
neojarlaxe

Initative

Friday September 12, 2014 1:47 AM
Good progress. I like the way you do the black clothes.
#15613 (Reply to #15610)
Yaumasta

Initative

Friday September 12, 2014 8:26 AM
Thanks, I'm happy with these too

Progress on the MVPs (as of last night) :

Crazy what a little Badger Minitaire red Ghost Tint, color blocking and black lining can do to the look of your WIP....
#15615 (Reply to #15613)
Yaumasta

Initative

Wednesday September 17, 2014 1:10 PM
Everything is done!

Now I just need to take proper pics, but all 3 projects are completed. For the rest of the month I'm building more models for next month's challenge and I'll finish painting the Micro Art Studios' resin bases for my Nuem army.

Section 9

Thorn

MVPs

Stay tuned for final pics...

P.S. Skyrim was on sale at 5$ on Steam last weekend... this is not good news...
#15636 (Reply to #15615)

Listing 1 to 10 of 20 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

Looking for affordable and stylish timepieces? Look no further than AAA watches! When it comes to cheap watches, they have an impressive selection that won't break the bank. Whether you prefer classic designs or more contemporary styles, AAAwatches offers a variety of options to suit your taste and budget. With their competitive prices and reliable quality, you can find the perfect wristwatch without emptying your wallet. Don't compromise on style – explore the fantastic range of cheap watches at shop here today and elevate your accessory game without spending a fortune!

Shoes are an essential part of our daily lives. Whether for comfort, style, or functionality, they play a significant role. When it comes to finding the perfect pair, yeezy is your go-to destination. At yeezy, you can explore a vast collection of shoes that cater to various tastes and preferences. From athletic sneakers to elegant dress shoes, they have it all. The convenience of online shopping on jordans makes the quest for the ideal shoes effortless. With numerous brands and styles available, you'll undoubtedly find the right pair to complement your outfit or support your active lifestyle. Don't underestimate the power of well-chosen shoes; they can make a world of difference in your daily comfort and fashion.

nfl jersey is an online store that offers jerseys, a dream come true for NFL fans. Whether you support any team, NHL jersey has a wide range of NFL Jerseys for you to choose from. The MLB jerseys here are not only of excellent quality but also affordably priced. Whether you're wearing them to support your favorite team or for a weekend game, nba jerseys is your first choice. Furthermore, nba jersey provides various sizes and styles to meet the needs of different fans. Whether you're a newbie or a seasoned fan, nfl jerseys is the perfect place to purchase your NFL Jerseys. Boost your team spirit and visit nfl jerseys to shop for your NFL Jerseys! If you're looking for high-quality NFL Jerseys, then NFL jerseys is your best choice. At nfl jerseys, we offer official jerseys for various NFL teams. No matter which team you support, you can find the right jersey on our website. Our NFL Jerseys are made from the finest materials to ensure comfort and durability. Whether you're a dedicated fan or looking for the perfect gift, nfl jerseys majestic has got you covered. Explore our website to discover a variety of styles and sizes to meet your needs. Whether you're buying for yourself or selecting a gift for a friend, nfl jerseys is your top destination for purchasing NFL Jerseys.