Initative
RK: 1
MP: 0

MAIL USER ADD USER TO FRIENDS LIST
Tuesday November 4, 2014 3:55 PM
Yeo!

I'm in for this flyer base -

In compliance with flickr T&C you can find the link to my page here

I put it together over the last few evenings and is my first go at sculpting/scratch building a base like this. I really hope you like!

Is made up of some old polystyrene packaging to bulk it out, clay to add some weight and something to bed in the plastic bits and some wall filler to texture.
The dreadnought is the one out of the black reach box that I've come to terms with the fact will never be painted unless is part of something cooler than just another Dreadnought build.

Anyway, hope to get this painted before the end of the month. The flyer is part of a larger build/paint project I've been working on for a few weeks now and probably won't be ready for painting until the new year, but we'll see. So for now, is just the base.

[[Edited by RustyDice on Thursday November 6, 2014 4:41 PM]]

[[Edited by RustyDice on Sunday November 9, 2014 5:53 PM]]

[[Edited by RustyDice on Tuesday March 10, 2015 1:04 PM]]
Scientists study the world as it is; Engineers create the world that has never been.
~Theodore von Karman
RustyDice
RE: PAINT THREAT - NOVEMBER 2014: FLYER BASE

Initative

Thursday November 6, 2014 4:41 PM
Okay....I seem to be finished....um...how embarrassing.

Anyway - drop feedback and comments. I guess I should move on to the Stormraven that's going to fit on the top of this thing, but I've a heap of modifications to make to the base model that's going to delay me painting it. The kit is basically still in the box.

I'll have a think and maybe add a few things to the threat. Mean time, I hope you all like this -

RD

In compliance with flickr T&C you can find the link to my page here
Scientists study the world as it is; Engineers create the world that has never been.
~Theodore von Karman
#15843 (Reply to #15835)
Deblette666

Initative

Thursday November 6, 2014 8:47 PM
very nice base!
#15847 (Reply to #15843)
Gantrell
RE: PAINT THREAT - NOVEMBER 2014: FLYER BASE -WIP UPDATE

Initative

Friday November 7, 2014 12:30 AM
I like it. Simple and effective. I like the bits and textures. Enough to make it visually interesting but not overpowering.
#15848 (Reply to #15835)
RustyDice

Initative

Saturday November 8, 2014 10:58 AM
Thanks for your comments and complements!

I'm sorting through my bits boxes to see what I can make out of all the left over space marine bits and pieces to try and come up with some options marines (those extra special weapons, heavy weapons etc etc) -

I think I'll add them to this months threat and see what's what.

Details to follow before the 10th.
RD
~Theodore von Karman
#15857 (Reply to #15843)
RustyDice

Initative

Sunday November 9, 2014 5:54 PM
Alright -

It's going to be a Landspeeder Storm to finish up this threat -
If I get it done I'll add in those few extra bits guys as and when there's time
Hope you enjoy
RD
~Theodore von Karman
#15865 (Reply to #15857)
neojarlaxe

Initative

Thursday November 13, 2014 4:12 AM
This base is great captures very well the battle environment.
#15872 (Reply to #15865)
RustyDice

Initative

Monday November 24, 2014 1:28 PM
I've the speeder primed and ready to base coat but i'm not sure when I'm going to get the time - lots of late nights in work are eating into any free time I have.

Plan is to pre-shade the thing and then spray with thinned down VMA French Blue (yes thinned VMA). I've tried the technique on some scrap milk plastic milk cartons and it looks promising. Metallics will be black with lots of steel dry brushing.

With a bit of luck I can make some progress towards the end of the week and do the bulk on Saturday. WIP shots to follow as soon as -

If I fluff-up another threat....>,<
RD
~Theodore von Karman
#15905 (Reply to #15865)
RustyDice

Initative

Tuesday March 10, 2015 1:07 PM
I'm just gonna continue where I left off with this one - hope no one minds -

One land speeder storm! Is in bits but is primed and ready for base coating
Been looking at me for the last 6 months while I cleared a few non-hobby things off my desk and a few hobby things (HobbyBoss Apache AH-64-A in 1/72 and assembled but not painted 1/35 scale Academy Panzer IV Ausf.H and Tamiya Panzer III-Ausf.L)

I'll drop some pictures shortly -
Cheers and wish me luck
RD
~Theodore von Karman
#16059 (Reply to #15905)
blackblade68

Initative

Wednesday March 11, 2015 12:48 AM
So you're in with a Landspeeder Storm for March's Paint threat? Got it!
#16061 (Reply to #16059)

Listing 1 to 10 of 12 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

Looking for affordable and stylish timepieces? Look no further than AAA watches! When it comes to cheap watches, they have an impressive selection that won't break the bank. Whether you prefer classic designs or more contemporary styles, AAAwatches offers a variety of options to suit your taste and budget. With their competitive prices and reliable quality, you can find the perfect wristwatch without emptying your wallet. Don't compromise on style – explore the fantastic range of cheap watches at shop here today and elevate your accessory game without spending a fortune!

Shoes are an essential part of our daily lives. Whether for comfort, style, or functionality, they play a significant role. When it comes to finding the perfect pair, yeezy is your go-to destination. At yeezy, you can explore a vast collection of shoes that cater to various tastes and preferences. From athletic sneakers to elegant dress shoes, they have it all. The convenience of online shopping on jordans makes the quest for the ideal shoes effortless. With numerous brands and styles available, you'll undoubtedly find the right pair to complement your outfit or support your active lifestyle. Don't underestimate the power of well-chosen shoes; they can make a world of difference in your daily comfort and fashion.

nfl jersey is an online store that offers jerseys, a dream come true for NFL fans. Whether you support any team, NHL jersey has a wide range of NFL Jerseys for you to choose from. The MLB jerseys here are not only of excellent quality but also affordably priced. Whether you're wearing them to support your favorite team or for a weekend game, nba jerseys is your first choice. Furthermore, nba jersey provides various sizes and styles to meet the needs of different fans. Whether you're a newbie or a seasoned fan, nfl jerseys is the perfect place to purchase your NFL Jerseys. Boost your team spirit and visit nfl jerseys to shop for your NFL Jerseys! If you're looking for high-quality NFL Jerseys, then NFL jerseys is your best choice. At nfl jerseys, we offer official jerseys for various NFL teams. No matter which team you support, you can find the right jersey on our website. Our NFL Jerseys are made from the finest materials to ensure comfort and durability. Whether you're a dedicated fan or looking for the perfect gift, nfl jerseys majestic has got you covered. Explore our website to discover a variety of styles and sizes to meet your needs. Whether you're buying for yourself or selecting a gift for a friend, nfl jerseys is your top destination for purchasing NFL Jerseys.