RANDOM OLDIE
RANDOM OLDIE
bleh
Podcasts

Discussions in Work In Progress

Painting, Airbrushing, Terrain and Modeling Forums
General Painting and Modeling
Work In Progress
Paint Threat- January 2015 - Blood Angels Assau...

TOPIC: Paint Threat- January 2015 - Blood Angels Assault Marines + Chaplains + Objective Markers(COMPLETED)

Listing 1 to 10 of 11 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2
Jathom
Paint Threat- January 2015 - Blood Angels Assault Marines + Chaplains + Objective Markers(COMPLETED)

Initative
RK: 1
MP: 0

MAIL USER ADD USER TO FRIENDS LIST
Sunday January 4, 2015 9:28 PM
I'm new to the forum (though not to the WGC) and decided the best way to get started as a member around here was to jump in paint something! I've been repainting my Blood Angels in anticipation of the new Codex (missed the boat by that much!) and am getting close to caught up with everything I own. Biggest group left is the 20 Assault Marines I have.

My goal is to paint both full units before the end of the month. With Christmas break over I'm gonna have a lot less time to paint what with needing to grade assignments, write lessons, and create tests this month, but I think I can get through both units of 10.

I'll come back shortly with some WIP photos as I still have one more highlight to add with the airbrush at some point before I can start on the real brush work.

[[Edited by Jathom on Sunday January 4, 2015 9:28 PM]]

[[Edited by Jathom on Tuesday January 13, 2015 11:39 PM]]

[[Edited by Jathom on Saturday January 31, 2015 11:01 AM]]
Jathom
RE: Paint Threat- January 2015 - Blood Angels Assault Marines

Initative

Sunday January 4, 2015 9:42 PM
Blood Angels Assault Marines 1 by ernieball22
Here are most of the Marines
Blood Angels Assault Marines 2 by ernieball22
And here are the rest.

Long way to go and no time to work on them tonight. Hopefully I can find some time during the week to touch them.
#15963 (Reply to #15962)
Deblette666

Initative

Monday January 5, 2015 6:45 PM
Good luck
#15964 (Reply to #15963)
dhstarwars

Initative

Monday January 5, 2015 8:15 PM
what a task, repainting...good luck! peace
#15969 (Reply to #15964)
Jathom

Initative

Monday January 5, 2015 9:49 PM
Finished the last airbrush highlight. Now just blacking and brush work to go! Slow and steady.

#15970 (Reply to #15969)
Jathom

Initative

Sunday January 11, 2015 12:37 AM
Thanks for the words of encouragement! Here's a couple more progress shots!

I need to shade the recesses a little more and do the basing. I'm holding off on decaling for now since I'm now sure if I want to free hand chapter, company, and squad markings. In the meantime, no one in the army has any of the above.

I also realized that the molded shoulder pad on the sergeant with the power axe prevents the jump pack from sitting flush with his back :/ Something had to go wrong. I'm just not sure if it's worth doing anything fix since the magnet still (mostly) holds.
#15978 (Reply to #15970)
Jathom

Initative

Tuesday January 13, 2015 11:38 PM
Pretty much done with my Assault Marines.

They feature at the beginning of this video. Feel free to watch all of it if you want to hear me ramble about the progress on my Blood Angels!

I may be adding some objective markers and maybe a couple of Chaplains to my paint threat, but I haven't decided yet. Otherwise, I'm all done with my paint threat!
#15983 (Reply to #15978)
Jathom

Initative

Monday January 19, 2015 1:28 AM
Given that I'm not at a point with my Blood Angels that I can do anymore work on my Assault Marines, I figured I should work on some other part of the army.

So I assembled one of the new Tac Squad boxes (they are wonderful, BTW) and finally painted up my other two Chaplains.

I bought a lot of this army under the old codex and since Chaplains could be an elite choice then it seemed to make sense to own more than one. So I have three.

So here's my chaplains! Except for iconography and purity seal scribbles, they're all done as well now!
#15990 (Reply to #15983)
Deblette666

Initative

Tuesday January 20, 2015 8:34 PM
Pretty good job on all of those minis. Chaplains are cool for the re-roll to hit. It just sucks that they don't make DC re-roll to wound now (unless you take Astorath...)
#15994 (Reply to #15990)
Jathom
RE: Paint Threat- January 2015 - Blood Angels Assault Marines (ESSENTIALLY COMPLETED)

Initative

Saturday January 31, 2015 11:01 AM
Okay. I'm calling the Assault Marines done as is. This month I also finished those Chaplains and I painted up those 6 objective markers!

Not a great picture (makes everything look really flat) but it's the one I took and I don't feel like taking another cell phone picture

#16006 (Reply to #15962)

Listing 1 to 10 of 11 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

Looking for affordable and stylish timepieces? Look no further than AAA watches! When it comes to cheap watches, they have an impressive selection that won't break the bank. Whether you prefer classic designs or more contemporary styles, AAAwatches offers a variety of options to suit your taste and budget. With their competitive prices and reliable quality, you can find the perfect wristwatch without emptying your wallet. Don't compromise on style – explore the fantastic range of cheap watches at shop here today and elevate your accessory game without spending a fortune!

Shoes are an essential part of our daily lives. Whether for comfort, style, or functionality, they play a significant role. When it comes to finding the perfect pair, yeezy is your go-to destination. At yeezy, you can explore a vast collection of shoes that cater to various tastes and preferences. From athletic sneakers to elegant dress shoes, they have it all. The convenience of online shopping on jordans makes the quest for the ideal shoes effortless. With numerous brands and styles available, you'll undoubtedly find the right pair to complement your outfit or support your active lifestyle. Don't underestimate the power of well-chosen shoes; they can make a world of difference in your daily comfort and fashion.

nfl jersey is an online store that offers jerseys, a dream come true for NFL fans. Whether you support any team, NHL jersey has a wide range of NFL Jerseys for you to choose from. The MLB jerseys here are not only of excellent quality but also affordably priced. Whether you're wearing them to support your favorite team or for a weekend game, nba jerseys is your first choice. Furthermore, nba jersey provides various sizes and styles to meet the needs of different fans. Whether you're a newbie or a seasoned fan, nfl jerseys is the perfect place to purchase your NFL Jerseys. Boost your team spirit and visit nfl jerseys to shop for your NFL Jerseys! If you're looking for high-quality NFL Jerseys, then NFL jerseys is your best choice. At nfl jerseys, we offer official jerseys for various NFL teams. No matter which team you support, you can find the right jersey on our website. Our NFL Jerseys are made from the finest materials to ensure comfort and durability. Whether you're a dedicated fan or looking for the perfect gift, nfl jerseys majestic has got you covered. Explore our website to discover a variety of styles and sizes to meet your needs. Whether you're buying for yourself or selecting a gift for a friend, nfl jerseys is your top destination for purchasing NFL Jerseys.