RANDOM OLDIE
RANDOM OLDIE
bleh
Podcasts

Discussions in General Airbrushing

Painting, Airbrushing, Terrain and Modeling Forums
Airbrushing
General Airbrushing
Do I need a respirator when I use my airbrush?

TOPIC: Do I need a respirator when I use my airbrush?

Listing 1 to 4 of 4 Replies

PAGES: 1
NobleWizard
Do I need a respirator when I use my airbrush?

Initative
RK: 1
MP: 0

MAIL USER ADD USER TO FRIENDS LIST
Thursday December 4, 2014 1:48 PM
I've been airbrushing for about 4-5 months now without a respirator and I'm right next to a window and have just watched Ichibans video about airbrush safety and respirators and would like to know if I should dish out the money to get one.I am currently 15 years of age if that plays any factor to this.
RustyDice
RE: Do I need a respirator when I use my airbrush?

Initative

Thursday December 4, 2014 3:35 PM
The following is my own personal opinion not backed up by anything other than personal observations

I wouldn't airbrush without one –

My only ever all day paint session without a respirator was airbrushing an Ultramarine TacSquad. I sneezed blue for three days. Now I not only wear one when painting, but also when sanding or grinding plastic parts with my dremel. I when I changed my respirator over to a new one after about 18months, I took it apart to compare new filters with old. I wish I'd taken a picture to show you the amount of stuff it had stopped getting into my lungs.

Even if a given paint is so non-toxic it’s practically safe to drink, once it’s sprayed and aerosolised, then in my opinion all bets are off. I spray near a window with a desk fan on (and with a face mask). After a few weeks I noticed a load of paint dust on a lot of surfaces at the far end of the room, so there’s what opening the window did for me. I’m saving to buy a spray booth next. Though I can understand if you don't want to go to that level of expense or there's just no room for one in your personal battlebunker.

If I had a friend starting this I would recommend they do some research and pick out a decent mask for their situation and budget. If that means putting off a miniatures purchase for a few weeks, then I would tell them to maybe consider it. I got mine at a local hardware chain and it cost under £10GBP which is the same price as a couple of paints.

Also, maybe look into some anti-bacterial wipes to clean the inside of the part that covers your mouth and nose after each use. They can gunk up with saliva and what not. No point in the mask causing a chest infection.

Good luck and I hope you get years of happy and healthy painting =P
RD
Scientists study the world as it is; Engineers create the world that has never been.
~Theodore von Karman
#15934 (Reply to #15933)
NobleWizard

Initative

Thursday December 4, 2014 3:57 PM
Thank you I have just looked around and I can get a good respirator for about £30 so not bad. I just wanted to ask so to make sure before I completely destroy my lungs as I want to join the RAF as a pilot in the future and have a nice christmas.
#15935 (Reply to #15934)
RustyDice

Initative

Friday December 5, 2014 4:26 PM
Per ardua ad astra!
Scientists study the world as it is; Engineers create the world that has never been.
~Theodore von Karman
#15936 (Reply to #15935)

Listing 1 to 4 of 4 Replies

PAGES: 1

Looking for affordable and stylish timepieces? Look no further than AAA watches! When it comes to cheap watches, they have an impressive selection that won't break the bank. Whether you prefer classic designs or more contemporary styles, AAAwatches offers a variety of options to suit your taste and budget. With their competitive prices and reliable quality, you can find the perfect wristwatch without emptying your wallet. Don't compromise on style – explore the fantastic range of cheap watches at shop here today and elevate your accessory game without spending a fortune!

Shoes are an essential part of our daily lives. Whether for comfort, style, or functionality, they play a significant role. When it comes to finding the perfect pair, yeezy is your go-to destination. At yeezy, you can explore a vast collection of shoes that cater to various tastes and preferences. From athletic sneakers to elegant dress shoes, they have it all. The convenience of online shopping on jordans makes the quest for the ideal shoes effortless. With numerous brands and styles available, you'll undoubtedly find the right pair to complement your outfit or support your active lifestyle. Don't underestimate the power of well-chosen shoes; they can make a world of difference in your daily comfort and fashion.

nfl jersey is an online store that offers jerseys, a dream come true for NFL fans. Whether you support any team, NHL jersey has a wide range of NFL Jerseys for you to choose from. The MLB jerseys here are not only of excellent quality but also affordably priced. Whether you're wearing them to support your favorite team or for a weekend game, nba jerseys is your first choice. Furthermore, nba jersey provides various sizes and styles to meet the needs of different fans. Whether you're a newbie or a seasoned fan, nfl jerseys is the perfect place to purchase your NFL Jerseys. Boost your team spirit and visit nfl jerseys to shop for your NFL Jerseys! If you're looking for high-quality NFL Jerseys, then NFL jerseys is your best choice. At nfl jerseys, we offer official jerseys for various NFL teams. No matter which team you support, you can find the right jersey on our website. Our NFL Jerseys are made from the finest materials to ensure comfort and durability. Whether you're a dedicated fan or looking for the perfect gift, nfl jerseys majestic has got you covered. Explore our website to discover a variety of styles and sizes to meet your needs. Whether you're buying for yourself or selecting a gift for a friend, nfl jerseys is your top destination for purchasing NFL Jerseys.