PAGES: 1
DreamKnight
DIY Battlemats

Initative
RK: 1
MP: 0

MAIL USER ADD USER TO FRIENDS LIST
Wednesday May 15, 2013 6:06 PM
In this serries of Terrain Building videos, we'll take a look at how to make some of your own textured Battlemats. A fun and simple Do It Yourself project!

"Peach... I can eat a peach for hours..."
LumberingTroll
RE: DIY Battlemats

Initative

Tuesday June 11, 2013 10:40 PM
Any suggestions on using this technique to make a sea map? I am getting into Uncharted Seas with some friends and I think this would be very useful.
#4665 (Reply to #2130)
DreamKnight

Initative

Friday June 14, 2013 12:32 PM
Wipe the acrylics in arcs and then paint it blue and dry brush it off white or white for the top of the breaks.
#4798 (Reply to #4665)
LumberingTroll

Initative

Friday June 14, 2013 1:46 PM
When you say wipe the acrylics, do you mean the paint? What about the caulking for the texture. Sorry to be a pain, can you give me any kind of visual aid?
#4809 (Reply to #4798)
AkumaKaze

Initative

Monday June 17, 2013 8:09 PM
QUOTED When you say wipe the acrylics, do you mean the paint? What about the caulking for the texture. Sorry to be a pain, can you give me any kind of visual aid?

He is talking about the acrylic caulking. Instead of just dabbing the caulk once it is applied for texture, pull up and over in one direction across the mat. This will give it the look of waves. Test it out on a sample piece first to get the desired wave height you want. From there it is easy to copy over and over.
#4926 (Reply to #4809)
DreamKnight

Initative

Monday June 17, 2013 8:12 PM
QUOTED He is talking about the acrylic caulking. Instead of just dabbing the caulk once it is applied for texture, pull up and over in one direction across the mat. This will give it the look of waves. Test it out on a sample piece first to get the desired wave height you want. From there it is easy to copy over and over.

What Azkuma said.

Chung
#4927 (Reply to #4926)
OldschoolgameroO

Initative

Sunday December 21, 2014 8:14 AM
Hey,

Sorry to resurrect an old post but just seen this tut on YouTube.

I'm planning on doing one of these shortly so I have a mat to match my bases and rather do something portable and not tiles and had a few questions.

Do you experience any shrinkage or bunching from this as I know caulking has a tendency to contract when drying (doesn't appear so but on other tuts I've heard this mentioned as well)

Also I plan on doing a frozen marsh with the ice crackled an think the brass wool be the best way to go to mimic it (just deeply pressed ).

Basically trying to mimic the bases shown here:
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g282/Kossik/C6EF7EF2-585B-4702-99F1-110CB9EFDFDA_zpswozwxufv.jpg

Sorry, image wouldn't post and when I tried to make a link it created a junk link

[[Edited by OldschoolgameroO on Sunday December 21, 2014 8:19 AM]]
#15949 (Reply to #4927)

Listing 1 to 7 of 7 Replies

PAGES: 1

Looking for affordable and stylish timepieces? Look no further than AAA watches! When it comes to cheap watches, they have an impressive selection that won't break the bank. Whether you prefer classic designs or more contemporary styles, AAAwatches offers a variety of options to suit your taste and budget. With their competitive prices and reliable quality, you can find the perfect wristwatch without emptying your wallet. Don't compromise on style – explore the fantastic range of cheap watches at shop here today and elevate your accessory game without spending a fortune!

Shoes are an essential part of our daily lives. Whether for comfort, style, or functionality, they play a significant role. When it comes to finding the perfect pair, yeezy is your go-to destination. At yeezy, you can explore a vast collection of shoes that cater to various tastes and preferences. From athletic sneakers to elegant dress shoes, they have it all. The convenience of online shopping on jordans makes the quest for the ideal shoes effortless. With numerous brands and styles available, you'll undoubtedly find the right pair to complement your outfit or support your active lifestyle. Don't underestimate the power of well-chosen shoes; they can make a world of difference in your daily comfort and fashion.

nfl jersey is an online store that offers jerseys, a dream come true for NFL fans. Whether you support any team, NHL jersey has a wide range of NFL Jerseys for you to choose from. The MLB jerseys here are not only of excellent quality but also affordably priced. Whether you're wearing them to support your favorite team or for a weekend game, nba jerseys is your first choice. Furthermore, nba jersey provides various sizes and styles to meet the needs of different fans. Whether you're a newbie or a seasoned fan, nfl jerseys is the perfect place to purchase your NFL Jerseys. Boost your team spirit and visit nfl jerseys to shop for your NFL Jerseys! If you're looking for high-quality NFL Jerseys, then NFL jerseys is your best choice. At nfl jerseys, we offer official jerseys for various NFL teams. No matter which team you support, you can find the right jersey on our website. Our NFL Jerseys are made from the finest materials to ensure comfort and durability. Whether you're a dedicated fan or looking for the perfect gift, nfl jerseys majestic has got you covered. Explore our website to discover a variety of styles and sizes to meet your needs. Whether you're buying for yourself or selecting a gift for a friend, nfl jerseys is your top destination for purchasing NFL Jerseys.